Monday, September 29, 2014

Summer 2014

Once again has been ages sine I blogged and shared the update of our lives.

I was kept happily too busy over the month of August as Austin was on break, before starting rotations in September. We kept busy playing tennis.. -ok fine, Austin's been chasing my balls, cycling-I kicked his pants ... And then he started kicking mine. Making dinner together, walking our Marlee bug (oh we celebrated her 1st Birthday too!), cooking together and playing Mario Kart .. Yes Mario Kart.






We even spent an afternoon in the Mountains at Bear Lake together, in which we explored the small, adorable town, enjoyed the stillness and beauty of the Mountains, and Kayaked before heading home for the evening. I have felt so richly blessed to share my life with someone as good as Austin. He is kind and patient. He has even helped with all the house hold chores while I'm away at work, for which I am sooo grateful. It has provided us with more time to play once I'm home! Austin and I went on some beautiful morning rides, and on one occasion we even had the chance to enjoy breakfast in the Village, around the corner from our home, at the 50's Diner. It was  beautiful morning and our ride took us  out to the hills of San Dimas and La Verne, past the equestrian clubs and golf courses. It was gorgeous, and most of all I was thrilled to death to think that Austin is going to have the time now, so that we can look forward to many more rides and breakfast dates just like it!


-



Bear Lake August 2014


We also had the pleasure of attending a Lee family outing to Sandiego for a few days and we so loved experiencing a new place, spending quality time with sweet baby London (our Niece) and the rest of the family.  They treated us to Sea World AND the Sandiego Zoo, both were superb! I was absolutely mesmerized by the dolphins, Killer Whales and of course the Sting Rays (I loved touching them!) Unfortunately we left behind the GoPro on this adventure, as I so would have loved footage of Austin and I boogying the waves together.



August 2014

..............
After our week of vacation together I had to go back to work, and Austin was able to drive down to Sandiego, once again, but this time to meet up with a close friend of ours (Dirk Stock) - For those of you who don't know him, he was a close friend of mine growing up, and later we went to BYU-I together; where Austin became Chem lab partner with him. Dirk eventually played match maker and hooked Austin and I up on a blind date.. And the rest is history ;).. Dirk is still our very closest friend  and we miss him all the time. Dirk, his brother and Austin went sky diving, partied hard at the beach and eventually made their way to our place for a night, and I was thrilled to see them!!

A week later I spent Labor day weekend in Washington with my parents and I absolutely loved every minute of it! I haven't spent quality time at home for over 3 years so it was truly wonderful to enjoy the start of the September weather and some one-on-one time with my parents, We spent the weekend going on bike rides along the river, floating the lazy river at our local gym, painting and doing crafts with my Mom, baking and of course eating amazing food (seriously I haven't eaten that well in ages) I was able to see two of my closest friends as well, which was truly a miracle as Mckenzi planned last minute to come home for the weekend. I'm soo glad!!  - the only thing missing was having Austin with us. It was a memorable tripand it was a good reminder of how blessed I have always been. I love who I come from, where I come from and all the good people I have always been surrounded by.

Selfie

We made these adorable Crafts (not the finished product)

My mom and I made this Lemon lb cake and it was AMAZING!


Mckenzi, Leish and I at the Bullocks home


.........
Life returned to normal as Austin started rotations in September; he was assigned to OBGYN this month out in Apple Valley. He's enjoyed working with his proctor and has learned a lot. His schedule has been much more generous to us as he hasn't been required to study till late in the evening. We have seriously loved the change in routine and have been making the most of it, playing tennis, walking Marlee, enjoying bike rides and we even went to Disney this last weekend!!

Disney 9/27/2014


It seems since Austins been home more and available to dote and love up my Marlee, she has found a new favorite companion/best friend.  When I say "Daddies coming home" her ears perk up and she promptly bounds to her perch upon the top of the sofa to watch for his arrival.... And
this is all for the boy who was absent practically all year.... Goes to show how good he is at melting a girls heart. Not even Marlee can resist!

All is well and Happy here, Though we are missing all our friends, family and loved ones.

Till next time Friends!

1 comment:

Go ahead and leave a message. You know you want to:)